<body> your title

Friday, 26 October 2007
new inspiration & strapless dresses.


As you probably already know, I am a huge fan of The OC and miss it very much. Now Josh Swartz has made Gossip Girl, and I do love it (but not quite as much). I've been watching it on the internet and have found that the songs aren't as good but the world in which it is set is simply amazing. Wouldn't you just love to have an endless supply of beautiful dresses and go to glamorous parties all the time?


Jenny in Gossip Girl is the same age as me, and she is my new inspiration. She's one of the girls in the drama who doesn't have an endless supply of dresses but she can make her own. In one episode, she tries on a designer dress which she cannot afford, but she sews her own dress that is inspired from it. I'd love to be able to that - learning how to make dresses is on my to-do-list! Her outfits are gorgeous and she mixes vintage and unique pieces into her style. The yellow strapless dress is lovely and she wears another blue strapless dress which I love (but couldn't find a good picture of)!

That brings me onto the theme of strapless dresses, which Elle calls "nude shoulders". You might recognise the yellow dress above as it is the same one that Jenny wore in Gossip Girl. Jasmine di Milo also sent down the catwalk the black and white strapless dress which I love the shape of. My favourite little dress from the autumn/winter collections has to be the Stella McCartney dress that Jessica Stam modelled. I love the shape and cut of it - it's simply stunning.


Obviously, I only have a tiny budget, and I can't make my own dresses yet, so I look towards the high street. I've had my eye on this cocktail dress from Oasis for a while now, which comes in three different colours. I'd love to have all three to be honest, but love the bright colours of the pink and purple.

pic credits: style.com, elle.com


Emsie @ 10/26/2007 08:35:00 am | Post a Comment