<body> your title

Wednesday, 25 July 2007
Erin Fetherston


I first came across the designer Erin Fetherston after her collaboration with Target, which I quite liked. Then she appeared in my copy of this month's Elle magazine in the Closet Confidential feature. I fell in love (i use that phrase far too often) with the white petal skirt that Zooey Deschanel modeled in Lula magazine.

Fetherston is a 24 year old Californian living in Paris and trained at Parsons Paris. Her first collection was shown through a film starring her friend Kirsten Dunst. Her muses included Karen Elson and Zooey Deschanel, whose style I am a big fan of.

For her latest autumn/winter collection, Zooey Deschanel opened the show by sinigng "Dream a Little Dream of Me." The collection had a starry, out-of-this-world theme, featuring mainly the colours silver and white. The dresses were feminine and floaty with some having romantic puffed sleeves. She created some interesting silhouettes, for example the silver futuristic style coat above. I love the way that the dresses were teamed up with knee-high grey ribbed socks - something I need for my wardrobe.

After two collections (not including the one shown as a film), Fetherston's creations are day-dreamy, fresh and girly - she is a designer I'm definitely keeping my eye on.



Emsie @ 7/25/2007 12:17:00 pm | Post a Comment