<body> your title

Friday, 27 April 2007
Geek Chic

Definition of a geek? A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept. Okay, so we normally associate geeks to be computer geniuses or games wizards. And I know, it's wrong to stereotype. But just at the moment, geek seems to be reaching out to the catwalk.

Alright, so I'm not encouraging you to copy exactly the stereotypical view of geek dress sense. On the catwalk, there was an edgy vibe, with a mixture of monochrome, prints, brocade, skinny fit trousers (or in contrast slouchy trousers), and also military shirts.

I was flicking through a magazine the other day, and saw a promotion for Ben Sherman, a label with a bit of a reputation for 'geeks' and not somewhere I would have thought of shopping at. However, I instantly fell in love with the cardigan (top left) and several other pieces caught my eye. I like college inspired pieces and I'm going to try and mix that up with the geek chic trend. I also love the 'Geek' t-shirt, a bit cool I think. So go on, release the inner geek within you!


Far Top, from left to right:
Cardigan - £45 from Ben Sherman
Geek T-Shirt - £85 from Luella
Long Sleeve Fitted Shirt - £50 from Ben Sherman

Bottom, from left to right:
Buttoned Smock Shirt - £25 from Miss Selfridge
High Waisted Skinny Trouser - £30 from Topshop
Blazer - £65 from Ben Sherman


Emsie @ 4/27/2007 01:36:00 pm | Post a Comment